Established in 1872, Regions Hospital is a private, not-for-profit organization. The hospital provides health care services in St. Paul and its surrounding communities, including patients from throughout Minnesota, western Wisconsin and other Midwestern states.
Regions Hospital is part of HealthPartners, the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation. HealthPartners serves more than 1.8 million medical and dental members nationwide. Since the combination with Park Nicollet Health Services in 2013, HealthPartners care system includes 1,800 physicians, 900 non-physician clinicians, eight hospitals, 55+ medical clinics, and numerous specialty practices in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. As a private, nonprofit teaching hospital, Regions Hospital provides outstanding care in neuroscience, heart surgery, cardiology, oncology, emergency care, burn care, orthopedic care, mental illness and more. Regions is the largest private employer in St. Paul.
About Regions Hospital:
Level I Trauma Center for adults and children – Regions is one of only three hospitals in Minnesota that is verified as a Level I Trauma Center for both adults and for children with the expertise and technology to treat the most serious injuries 24/7. Through our partnership with Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, we provide the best care possible for critically injured children.
Nationally recognized burn center – The Burn Center at Regions was one of the first in the nation and today is one of only two burn centers in Minnesota verified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons.
Commitment to mental health – Regions is one of the largest providers of mental health care in Minnesota. An eight-story mental health building, which opened in 2012, reflects a new model of care and offers a healing environment with 100 private rooms.
Largest provider of charity care in east metro – Regions is the second largest provider of charity care in Minnesota. In 2017, Regions provided $19.6 million in uncompensated services to care for more than 55,000 patients.
Training future doctors – Regions and HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research partner with the University of Minnesota medical school to train more than 500 resident physicians annually.
- First hospital in Minnesota to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. One of the top-performing hospitals in the nation for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care by The Joint Commission.
- Recipient of Minnesota Hospital Association 2016 Innovation of the Year in Patient Care Award (Large Hospital category).
- For the third year in a row, named among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ by HealthGrades.
- Named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2016 by HealthGrades.
- Regions Hospital is the sixth Minnesota hospital to be recognized for having a Baby-Friendly Birth Center by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund.
- Regions is the first academic medical center, and fourth hospital overall, to qualify as an Emergency Center of Excellence.
Located in St. Louis Park, Methodist Hospital provides excellent care, close to home. Methodist Hospital has been recognized as one of Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals, and HealthPartners has been recognized as a 15 Top Health System in 2021. U.S. News & World Report has also named Methodist a 2021-22 Best Regional Hospital. These special honors show its commitment to improve the health and well-being of its members, patients and community. Their combined hospital and specialty center campus offers the support of a team of experts in over 50 specialties.